The January 2022 transfer window is open (find out when it closes here) and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, the deals!
TOP STORY: Juve and PSG at odds over Icardi’s deal
The January transfer windows can create very tricky negotiating scenarios for clubs and players, with Calciomercato reporting that Juventus’ search for a new striker is causing a traffic jam in the market.
This scenario begins with Alvaro Morata, who wants to leave Juve to return to Spain and join Barcelona, who have already signed Ferran Torres of Manchester City this winter.
However, Juventus insist they must find a suitable replacement before the 29-year-old leaves, with Fiorentina Dusan Vlahovic and that of Sassuolo Gianluca Scamaca unlikely to join in January as a summer move is more feasible.
As a result, the attention of Juventus – and possibly Morata – has turned more definitely to the Paris Saint-Germain forward. Mauro icardi. However, the Italian giants are hoping to sign the Argentina international on loan with an option to buy later as PSG are only willing to accept a permanent transfer.
Meanwhile, Morata is expected to be benched by manager Massimiliano Allegri for Juventus’ pivotal game against Roma on Sunday as the situation evolves.
If things are to change for Morata, it looks like Juventus or PSG will need to change their position on Icardi. Considering that there has been no sign that they are doing it yet, everyone seems to be stuck in limbo.
– FC 100: Messi, Lewandowski are n ° 1; Dominatrix in the Premier League
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Cristiano Ronaldo had crisis talks with his agent, Jorge Mendes, regarding his future at Manchester United, according to The Sun. The Portuguese is frustrated by the performance of the Red Devils and disillusioned with the tactics of Ralf Rangnick. Nothing is said to exclude for the moment.
– Julien alvarezThe agent, Fernando Hidalgo, is due to travel to Italy in the coming days to try to reach a deal for the River plate attacking, Calciomercato said. Fiorentina are the most interested club right now, but Hidalgo looks bigger at the moment and hopes to continue talks with Juventus, Atletico Madrid and AC Milan.
– Atletico Madrid have already been reported to be interested in Arsenal Cedric Soares as they search for Kieran Trippier’s replacement following the Englishman’s move to Newcastle United. However, Nicolo schira added two more names to the mix, mentioning Lille’s Zeki Celik and RB Leipzig Nordi Mukiele.
– West Ham United have moved to sign Aston Villa center-back Kortney Hause, according to Football Insider, Kurt Zouma and Angelo Ogbonna both suffered injuries for the Hammers. Steven Gerrard is reportedly willing to let the 26-year-old go if another center-back is signed in January, with Watford also investigating.
– Marseille seeks to bring in Spartak Moscow Samuel Gigot and that of Arsenal Kolasinac Sea during the January transfer window, as reported by L’Equipe. Club president Pablo Longoria is under pressure from Jorge Sampaoli to strengthen his squad while working with tight finances. Kolasinac would replace Jordan Amavi, who joined Nice on loan.