Which cities are best during the fall months?
The photos of warm sand and turquoise sea are so much last season. On Instagram, the colors of autumn are now in the spotlight. And the social network is home to a host of snaps revealing the changing foliage of their hometown or travel destination. So, which is the best city to discover such landscapes? A study revealed the 20 most popular cities in the world on Instagram for the fall season. And the Big Apple is at the top of the standings.
The leaves of the trees take on color and the air cools. No doubt, fall has arrived on Instagram. With a wide palette of varied tones, the new season is conducive to the publication of beautiful outdoor photographs on the social network. For the occasion, Premier Inn conducted a study of 356 cities around the world to reveal the most photographed and shared places on the platform during the pumpkin spice season.
The study compiled the numbers obtained by aggregating the hashtags #autumnincity, #fallincity and compared them between cities in the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Africa. , South America, Asia and the Middle East.
With 151,136 hashtags accumulated, New York takes the first place of the 20 most popular cities on Instagram, in the world. London comes second with far fewer hashtags counted, 72,863 in total, while the French capital takes third place on the podium with 66,258 hashtags.
In the ranking of the 20 most popular cities, the United States leads with the most entries. In addition to the Big Apple in first place, Chicago takes fourth place, Seattle is seventh, Boston comes in 14th and Miami follows just behind in 15th place.
Australia is also well represented with three cities: Melbourne is 8th, ahead of Sydney 11th and Perth in last place. Cape Town is the most cited city on the African continent with 2,017 hashtags related to autumn on Instagram while Dubai ranks first in the Middle East, Buenos Aires in South America and Naejangsan Mountain in Seoul.
Check out the top 20 most popular fall cities on Instagram below.
Top 20 Most Popular Cities on Instagram in Fall
1. New York – United States – 151,136 hashtags
2. London – United Kingdom – 72,863 hashtags
3. Paris – France – 66,258 hashtags
4. Chicago – United States – 25,213 hashtags
5. Moscow – Russia – 22,961 hashtags
6. Seoul – South Korea – 22,114 hashtags
7. Seattle – United States – 19,692 hashtags
8. Melbourne – Australia – 19,423 hashtags
9. Rome – Italy – 17,594 hashtags
10. Berlin – Germany – 16,667 hashtags
11. Sydney – Australia – 15,376 hashtags
12. Milan – Italy – 15,031 hashtags
13. Kyoto – Japan – 13,043 hashtags
14. Boston – United States – 12,399 hashtags
15. Miami – United States – 12,385 hashtags
16. Vienna – Austria – 11,833 hashtags
17. Prague – Czech Republic – 9,882 hashtags
18. Amsterdam – Netherlands – 9,867 hashtags
19. Tokyo – Japan – 9,325 hashtags
20. Perth – Australia – 7,649 hashtags
Emily Kessler’s hero and star images on Unsplash. The story is published via AFP Relaxnews