St. Olaf is the headquarters of your travel bucket list
Whether you’re an intrepid traveler or a first-timer, most of us have a list of several places we want to see or experiences we want to have in our lifetime. St. Olaf College has been helping college alumni, parents and friends achieve their travel goals for over 40 years.
In addition to offering study abroad and study abroad programs in more than 40 countries around the world for current students, St. Olaf also offers approximately 12 programs per year to alumni, families and friends.
These Graduates and family trips the programs—led by current and retired faculty and hosted by campus leaders—allow Oles to explore and learn in new corners of the world.
Here’s a taste of what St. Olaf can help you see, do, and learn:
- Follow in the footsteps of Philip II of Macedon, Alexander the Great and Saint Paul in Greece and Turkey! Discover the same places as these three influential figures of antiquity and study the legacy they left to Western civilization.
- Discover famous Inca wonders, colonial cities and a rich cultural heritage on an expedition to Machu Picchu, Cusco, the Sacred Valley and more by Peru.
- Combine hiking in spectacular places with a fascinating historical and archaeological richness in Northern Highlands of Scotland. Discover Scotland’s hiking culture and a diverse, steep, sometimes cloudy and moody landscape.
- See, up close, flora and fauna found nowhere else in the world in Madagascar. See lemurs in their natural habitat, found only in Madagascar. Eat the local cake, koba. Walk among the baobabs, known as the mother of the forest. And connect with locals who are doing positive things for their communities.
- Tour the dazzling island of Ireland explore literature, history and culture. Stroll through the streets of James Joyce’s Dublin. Stroll through Sligo, where Yeats spent his childhood summers. Soak up Irish food and drink. And more!
- Visit important biblical sites, engage in conversations with local scholars, and explore a variety of religious expressions all claiming the little place on earth known as Holy Land.
- To go for a walk Mont Blancdip your toes into France, Italy and Switzerland, and see what happens as you move across the world at a pace that lets you savor the details.
- Walk the trails, visit villages, taste wine, meet the locals, enjoy the food, take in the incredible views and discover lesser-visited places at 3 mph Italy and Slovenia.
- Go hiking, biking and kayaking North of Spainas you explore the area’s history, culture, art, architecture, and amazing local food and drink.
- Discover cultural and natural temples, from towering Mayan pyramids to the Barrier Reef that stretches along Belize’s coast, second only to Australia’s Great Barrier Reef in size and diversity.
- Visit some of Europe’s most picturesque villages, feel the glorious sunshine that brought artists like Cézanne and Van Gogh to the region, get hands-on experience at a truffle and honey farm in “France’s breadbasket” and taste some of the best wines the world has to offer in the region where the grapes are grown.
- Explore questions of purpose, meaning, and vocation in your “third chapter” of life, and more, at the Spirit in the Desert Retreat Center in Carefree, Arizona.
- Experience the beauty of Europe and springtime in the Mediterranean on a 10-night cruise aboard Oceania Cruises’ Riviera.
These opportunities and many more are waiting for you. Discover all our destinations and join us!